Hey from Dublin,
Happy Monday - I hope Stuff finds you safe and well.
I mentioned recently that I was having a spring clean and declutter at home recently, and this week I turned that into a digital 'spruce up', the website has had a makeover, and everything is much cleaner and more organised.
This week we have edition number 13 of the Stuff mixtape, my collection of new and old music that has been in my orbit for the last month. It's a great collection, and I hope you'll enjoying listening to it as you read the mail this week.
A massive thanks to everyone that listened and downloaded the new DJ mix - there are more (and more to come), so please check them out here.
This week, I'm also sharing what might the best link I've ever shared... don't miss it at number #10 on the list.
Help me out and share a link.
Thanks for being here, see you next Monday...
The Stuff Ten
Links to make us smarter and more super...
- Monday Motivation: Let this week be the one where you improve your sleep hygiene. I've spoken about sleep before on Stuff, but scientists are finding that sleep matters more than we know. My article explains why sleep is so important, and what you can do to improve your sleep hygiene.
- Your new superpower: Learn to think in funnels. Marketers have known this for years, and the AIDA funnel is very important. However, you can apply funnel thinking to many processes, including productivity.
- Essential Reading: A bias is another word for a mental shortcut, here are some common biases, and what you can do to avoid them.
- It's Monday: Try any of these 100 Monday affirmations to set your intentions for the week. You'll know I don't like 'fluffy' stuff, so here's how an affirmation can help.
- TWIL: There are 7.3 square feet of self-storage, for every person in the US. We own a LOT of stuff, and we're not throwing much away, as these clutter stats tell us. Bonus stuff - 20 ways to declutter your life.
- I got 99 solutions: 99 ways to take care of your physical health, and they don't all revolve around losing weight.
- Histography: This clever site allows you to visualise history, and delve into insight from Wikipedia pages. Try zooming out to see how much more recorded information there if from the last 300 years.
- AI-ght: Looks like AI is being baked into almost every online technology at the moment. It's coming to Google slowly, but you can use Bing with added AI right now. I've been testing, and it is very clever.
- Brad or Leo? I featured the trolley problem before, where you have to make decisions about who to save in a highly unlikely tram incident. This new version brings this to life with dilemmas about your own morality, or some celebrity choices. Lots of fun!
- Finally: This might be the greatest link I've ever shared. It's a short game, will take no more than 2 minutes to play, and you can only play it once, but trust me - it is lovely. Please share this with someone else after you've done it.
🎧 Aural Stuff
What's on the Stuff speakers this week?
🎧 Only one show in town for the headphones this week, the brand-new edition of the Stuff Mixtape, lovingly compiled from the sounds in my ears this month.
We kick off with an old hippy/folk song from Kathy Smith, and then some sparkling Balearic stuff from Metric. I included an amazing Japanese hip-hop tune from London based Miso Extra, and an excellent new tune from Florence and the Machine.
We make our way to the dancefloor with some funky tunes from the Marxist Love Disco Ensemble, rising star Antony Szmierek with Jacana People, Isolee and Peggy Gou before some bassline action from Piezo.
There is a HUGE remix from Depeche Mode, and then some chilled-out tunes from Saint Etienne, Gemma Ray, Clark and Hollie Kenniff.
We finish up with the brand-new belter from CMAT and a classic British tune from Flowered Up - weekender.