Hey from Dublin,
I've been having a massive clear-out this week, decluttering my office and undoing some hoarding. It's been cathartic, but also, I will miss that free 1gb USB stick I was given 15 years ago.
Welcome to a new week of Stuff, where I hope you'll enjoy our continued shared journey of curiosity.
This week, I'm excited to share something new in your Aural Stuff section below, a tiny bit different from my usual music recommendations. First though, I have an excellent list of stuff for you.
Help me out and share a link.
Thanks for being here, see you next Monday...
The Stuff Ten
Links to make us smarter and more super...
- Monday Motivation: Let this week be the one where you shift your mindset and boost your confidence. There are some simple techniques that will support you. It's possible to use these techniques to foster optimism and growth, and working on shifting your mindset can improve how you feel in every aspect of your life. I'm rooting for you.
- Your new superpower: Stand on the shoulders of giants. One way to get amazing advice, is to read what amazing people do, and a lot of it is free. Make Something Wonderful by Steve Jobs has been turned into a cool free website. The Wisdom of Naval Ravikant is available for free, and now one of the richest men in the world is putting serious wisdom online.
- Essential Reading: I was at a family gathering recently where a set of photographs was a really important thing. I immediately went away to back up the 25,000 photos in my phone. Turns out, there are some best practices to organising your photos. Please, don't lose those precious memories because they are only in one place.
- Take care: Do you have 15 minutes? Try one of these activities to give your brain and body a boost. You'll feel better for a short break.
- TWIL: A USB key gets LIGHTER when you store more files on it. However, you would need to weigh more USB drives than exist on the planet together at once before the difference in weight became easily measurable.
- The best advice: This perfect infographic is a great reminder of what YOU can control, an even more thorough explanation of the circle of control is here. This is possibly my most coached theory in 25 years as a manager.
- No Stuff that MattR's? The 50 greatest moments in internet history has some amazing milestones, but they seem to have missed off my email!
- AI-ght: Chatjams is an AI powered cat, who can make you a cool playlist (maybe putting music nerds like me out of a job). I asked Jams the Cat to find me some chilled electronica and it did a fine job. Damn, this is good. AI film making still has a LOOONG way to go, this site is doing a great job of gathering some of the experiments so far, including this weird looking wizarding tale.
- Patterns: I'm not 100% sure what is happening here, but give it a click, make some patterns. It's quite therapeutic.
- Finally: Why don't YOU try and be a content moderator on a social network? A fun exercise in trying to please most of the people, some of the time. This is where my newsletter crosses with my work.
🎧 Aural Stuff
What's on the Stuff speakers this week?
🎧 This week, I made you a completely new style of mixtape, some of you will know that I used to be a DJ and recently I decided to start putting together some of the electronic music I love into some real mixes.
So, this week I'm sharing MLC1 - 60 minutes of house music, with a Latin edge, seamlessly mixed together for your listening enjoyment. You can salsa, samba and shake along as I take you on a dancefloor journey.