Hey from Dublin,
Welcome to another week of Stuff. Last week, the most clicked link was about sitting down being the new smoking. I wonder if any of you spent more time on your feet as a result.
Thanks for the emails recently, it's lovely to get your feedback and suggestions - if you've got something to say, just hit reply and I've got you!
#notablenewsletter - I've added a 'hashtag' to 'Stuff' now, if a site has a decent newsletter, this link will take you there. It's my personal recommendation that something will not be a waste in your inbox.
Help me out and share a link.
Thanks for being here, see you next Monday...
The Stuff Ten
Links to make us smarter and more super...
- Monday Motivation: Let this week be the one where you define your Chronotype. Are you a night owl, or a morning lark? Take this quiz to find out. Once you know, you can build your sleep patterns, and your work day around your type.
- Your new superpower: We're reaching the end of the first quarter of the year, and it's time start thinking about your Quarterly Planning Process. This excellent guide has some best practice for running those workshops.
- Essential Reading: 19 rules for better life from Marcus Aurelius. Never a bad time for reminder from the OG Stoic.
- Take care: We talked about breathing for sleep recently, it turns out your breathing is an operating manual for your nervous system.
- TWIL: Americans ate approximately 1.45 billion Chicken Wings during Superbowl LVII. Turns out the Chicken industry is something of a giant accident.
- Does it come with an Olive? Seven strange questions that will help you find your life purpose. Courtesy of the marvellous Mark Manson.
- Centuries of Sound: An absolute labour of love - this site contains an audio mix for EVERY year of recorded sound. From 1859 to the present. I recommend 1928 for some old-time bangers.
- AI-ght: Scribble Diffusion took my (childlike) doodles and turned them into AI generated art. Give it a go, and see if you can make something better than my sunrise.
- All Clear, All Beautiful: This lovely site shares a memorable diary entry every day. I love this one from the past week, recorded in March 1854. #notablenewsletter
- Finally: No game this week, but this amazing infographic that explains how each colour got its name.
🎧 Aural Stuff
What's on the Stuff speakers this week?
🎧 Shameless self-plug incoming. In 2023 I'm experimenting with posting one amazing track per day to a single playlist. My 2023 Highs playlist is now 62 tracks long, and has some absolute bangers on it, alongside some chill.