Hey, I'm Matt...
Welcome to a new week, full of possibility and opportunity! I hope Stuff finds you well, wherever you are. I used some spare time this week to give the homepage for Stuff a bit of a redesign, I hope you like it.
Thank you for being a part of Stuff. If you received this email from an excellent friend, and would like to subscribe, please go here. If you'd like an archive of Stuff from the beginning of 2022 - it's here.
Onward with the Stuff that MattR's this week...
- Monday Motivation: What is the best piece of advice you've ever received? This list of words that changed the trajectory of women leaders could change your life as well. My favourite: "If you are good at what you do, there will always be demand." Do you have a favourite piece of advice? Hit reply and let me know - I'll build a list for us all.
- Your new superpower: Adaptive thinking. Take your critical thinking, and add steroids, in our constantly changing world, we need to deal with the unexpected. Developing your adaptive thinking skillset is critical. There are even some practical steps you can take to develop.
- Essential Reading: Fifty ideas that could change your life. From the always excellent David Perell. When you understand Opportunity Cost, or the Overton Window you open a lot of doors in your own thinking.
- Take care: It's time to think seriously about happiness, and more importantly what it is that really makes you happy.
- TWIL: How old I really am. You can find out how old you really are as well. Clue - it's a lot, there are some big numbers in here. Bonus - here's what happens to your body every second.
- Do you hear the sound of love? This is a site that I wish I had invented, taking some beautiful words from the comments of YouTube videos, and setting them against the music from the video. Just brilliant.
- Like the back of my hand: How well do you know your local area? This excellent little quiz will test you with just five questions - but I bet you'll struggle to be super accurate - my best is 103/150
- Save the modems! Welcome to the Museum of Endangered Sounds. Some of these are the symphony of my life.
- So, I can carry around ALL my music? Meet the Ipod, made for the Spotify age.
- Finally: Meet Bongo Cat! And say goodbye to productivity for a while.
Listen to Branko Mataja - Over Fields and Mountains here.
Smart Stuff that someone said:
"It's dark because you are trying too hard. Lightly child, lightly... Just lightly let things happen and lightly cope with them...throw away your baggage and go forward. There are quicksands all about you...trying to suck you down into fear and self-pity and despair. That's why you must walk so lightly...on tiptoes and no luggage...completely unencumbered." Aldous Huxley (via)