Hey, I'm Matt...
Welcome to a new week, I hope that you are taking loving care of yourself wherever you are. It's heavy out there at the moment, and I convene Stuff each week to be a short distraction.
Thank you for being a part of Stuff. If you received this email from an excellent friend, and would like to subscribe, please go here. If you'd like an archive of Stuff from the beginning of 2022 - it's here.
Onward with the Stuff that MattR's this week...
- Monday Motivation: Make this week the one that you choose to worry less, 90% of your worries are optional, you can build skills to help you stop worrying.
- Your new superpower: Use the simple 5 whys technique to find the underlying cause of your problems with productivity. The 5 whys methodology is an extremely effective way of solving problems, I had a boss who casually used '5 whys' without me knowing about it, to help me get to root cause of some gnarly problems.
- Essential Reading: Five emails you can send that will make your life better. I guarantee that sending one or two of these emails each week will improve your life. Try it, you'll thank me.
- How to take care of yourself: I'll be honest, I struggle with meditation, even though I know it can reap real benefits. This simple technique is a great starting place if you are trying to calm your mind, or release stress & tension.
- TWIL: Salvador Dali designed the Chupa Chups Logo. Mind blown!
- So much data: An extraordinary resource, this world atlas can be combined with over 2600 data sets to provide some crazy insights. Example - highest density of tractors per 100km? You got it... Poland! What about the happiest country in the world? We have your data Finland!
- I only came in for some tealights: How Ikea uses all the tricks in the book to get you to spend more in their giant shops.
- With your friend, share Stuff you must: This is especially useful for your next serious meeting at work - learn to speak like Yoda, you must. Disclaimer: don't speak like Yoda if you have a very serious job.
- It is not getting harder: Back in Stuff #67 I introduced you to Wordle, which seems to have taken over the world(le) since. Now, someone has taken 15 million tweets about the word game and analysed them to see how we are collectively doing. There is beauty in the data, but the truth is Wordle is not getting harder.
- Finally: Bear Love. I'm not really sure what is going on here, however sending someone this page might make you their best friend.
Listen to CMAT - If My Wife New I'd Be Dead on Spotify here
Smart Stuff that someone said:
The calendar belongs to everyone else. Their schedule isn’t your schedule unless it helps you get where you’re going. - Seth Godin
Stuff that MattR's Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.