Happy Monday, and importantly welcome to a New Year full of opportunity and curiosity.
Onwards with the Stuff that MattR’s this week…
- Monday Motivation : Start your week and year off with a short reflection on 2021, it’ll take 10 minutes but help you frame up your plans for 2022.
- Add to your toolbox : Every time you switch between email and phone, or a message and a meeting, you leave a tiny bit of your attention behind. Use a plan to help you reduce context switching.
- Take a quiz : Which productivity method suits you best? This five minute quiz was surprisingly accurate. I’m an ‘Eat the Frog’ advocate.
- I want 2022 to be the year of plain speaking. This tool could help us, it’s a reverse urban dictionary for business bullshit. Keep this bookmarked at all times! (Thanks to LornaSue from Italy for sending this in, if you have a link you’d like shared, just hit reply)
- And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been. Rilke
- Get reading : Bookbub gives you daily deals and recommendations for your e-book reader. This is a great way to get bargains on books for your 2022 reading.
- Tech for real good : This amazing app allows you to act as ‘seeing eyes’ for a blind person, on demand. It is truly one of the best things I’ve seen tech enable.
- A year in pictures : The Time Magazine Top 100 photos of the year is always a treat. A year like 2021 is worth seeing through the lens of some top photographers.
- Viral AND Good : Wordle is a daily word puzzle game that is going viral - it’s super simple, like the 70’s game Mastermind and you can share your results for each game. Here’s mine for today - can you beat me?
- Finally : Tobias Reich collects coffees. Really. He knows coffee.
My aural gift for you this week is something pretty marvellous, Signals by Marconi Sound is an instrumental album with some nice lengthy tracks that is an excellent background for work or just a super chilled listen. There’s a really epic feel to some of these, that put me in mind of Mogwai in places.
Stuff that MattR's Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.