Happy Monday! I hope Stuff finds you safe and well... if you're in the US, enjoy the extra day off this week.
I'm hitting an cool milestone this week, my 2023 highs playlist will reach halfway on its journey. So far, I have 181 tracks, running at 13 hours - and I'm adding something new and interesting every day. It's getting a lot of followers, and I hope you'll join me there.
Thanks for being here on our joint journey of curiosity, and the new subscribers, hey!
Till next Monday, enjoy...
👓 The Big Stuff - the benefits of a mentor
During the COVID lockdown, I mentored a young person in South Africa who was making the transition from University into the world of work. We worked together on building a CV, developing a LinkedIn profile and some of the skills needed to find a job.
It was a rewarding exercise.
If you've had a mentor, you'll know the benefits this relationship can bring - but being a mentor can be rewarding for multiple reasons.
I hope you'll consider being a mentor to someone making progress on their journey, and reap the mutual benefits for yourself.
🧠 The Other Stuff
- Problem Solving: how to master this soft skill at work. Excellent tips in here.
- Stoic thinking: When you’re worried about what someone thinks of you, it’s rarely about that person’s opinions of you. It’s about your own opinions of yourself.
- Daily Puzzles: The New York Times has added 'Connections' to its list of daily games - you'll enjoy this if you are an Only Connect Fan. Puzzgrid also does this brilliantly. (Thanks to OG reader JC for reminding me of these!)
- Hello Weather: I've been testing this new weather app for a couple of weeks, it is much nicer and clearer to look at. (IOS and Android friendly)
🌞 The Little Stuff
- Security: Choose a new password - it's harder than you think!
- Game night: Play top board games, online.
- Emotional support: in your undies. Yep, pants with a message.
- Finally: Pop Cultured - can you defeat history?
🎧 Aural Stuff
On the Stuff Speakers this week...
🎧 Every morning I post a new music discovery to my 2023 Highs playlist. Something cool and interesting that maybe you haven't heard before. We're reaching the halfway point in the journey, with 181 tracks so far and nearly 14 hours of music.
This is the ideal playlist to hit shuffle on, and enjoy all day - on your commute, at your desk, or just chilling.
I guarantee you'll find something fantastic to listen to.
👂🏼 Stuff Someone Said
"To be aware of a single shortcoming in oneself is more useful than to be aware of a thousand in someone else."