Hey from Dublin,
Welcome to a new week, I hope #134 finds you safe and well.
Thanks for all the feedback on my digital spring-cleaning article from last week, I'm glad that some of you found it useful.
Also, thanks for the love shown to the latest Stuff Mixtape, glad you enjoyed it. It's a good time for a reminder about my ongoing 2023 project to share something new and interesting to listen to every day. We're up to 112 tracks now, which is over 8 hours of great tunes.
It is great to see so many people joining me on our shared quest of curiosity, I hope you enjoy this week!
Help me out and share a link.
Thanks for being here, see you next Monday...
The Stuff Ten
Links to make us smarter and more super...
- Monday Motivation: Let this week be the week where you 'show up'. Woody Allen said that "80% of success is showing up", but what does that actually mean in real life? Here are a few lessons on Showing Up - it turns out that consistency really is the key, its why I do this every week.
- Your new superpower: Stop caring what people think about you. It's not an easy path, but it will help your mental health. Here are six more ways to care less about what others think. When you really think about it, no one really cares that you did or didn't do that thing, they are pretty wrapped up in themselves!
- Essential Reading: The impeccable Mark Manson shares 63 steps to help survive the worst moments of your life. Mark also has a #notablenewsletter that is worth subscribing to.
- Take care: A free daily 15 minute stretch routine that is designed for people sitting at desks. This is for you! If you can't do that, do this: a short youtube version.
- TWIL: The largest island in a lake on an island in a lake on an island is in the Philippines. There is a quite a study of these things.
- Title? Author? Colour? How to organise all of those books you have accumulated. As explained by experts.
- 80 minutes to reach space: Neal.fun has built you a Space Elevator - see how high you can go.
- AI-ght: Debate Devil allows you to have a pointless online argument, but this time against an AI opponent. Pro Tip - put debate devil in Socratic mode for deeper understanding of your problems. Tammy.ai is a brilliant tool that uses AI to summarise a YouTube video allowing you to 10x your learning time. Bonus AI fun: What if the Mona Lisa was a real, modern woman?
- Travel in your browser: After Lo-Fi air traffic control (in Stuff #129), now you can test how well you know your airports with the Random Airport Generator. My favourite is here.
- Finally: A poem that is a clock. A clock that is some bricks. And some soothing bubbles to calm us all down.
🎧 Aural Stuff
What's on the Stuff speakers this week?
🎧 It's nearly forty years since Everything but the Girl released their first album - Eden in 1984 - and after a 24-year hiatus the duo are back with something new.
Fuse is their latest collection, revisiting the rich vocals and crisp electronica of previous outings like Walking Wounded and Temperamental. Each track carefully put together with some bittersweet lyrics, beautifully sung by Tracey Thorn.
I've listened to this through a couple of times this weekend, and it's a perfect spring time album. Highly recommended.