Hey from Spain!
Officially, it's the second birthday of Stuff!
Two years ago, in a funk of anxiety about not having a job for a while, I started this journey of learning and curiosity.
Like all good birthdays, there are gifts!
Today, I'm launching the (free) Stuff30 Journaling Challenge, a simple way to get started with a process that helped me reclaim some headspace. You'll get 30 days of journal prompts to your inbox, and my support for the whole journey.
My second gift is the fifth edition of the Stuff Mixtape, another hour of random tunes that have been in my orbit over the previous month. It's the ideal soundtrack to the list, give it a go... I'll hold on.
Finally, I've had a little spruce round to make things a bit tidier. I hope everything looks spick and span. Hit reply if you have any feedback.
As always - thanks for being here - it's great to have you join me each week! If you received this from an amazing friend, get your own copy here.
The Stuff Ten
Links to make us smarter and more super...
- Monday Motivation: Let this be the week where you develop your gratitude muscles. Wednesday (21st) is World Gratitude Day, and what better way to mark the event by building some thanks into your daily practice. I end every week at work with an email to my team where I lead with gratitude, and it makes me feel great. You could use the Stuff30 Journaling Challenge to start your road to gratitude. Or maybe this list of prompts.
- Your new superpower(s): Twenty-five habits that will boost your chances of success. From the always excellent Ryan Holiday. Bonus Tip - you can use the Stuff Habit Tracker to bed these into your life.
- Searching for a win/win: Early in my career I learned the benefit of mutuality, which can be gained through the art of reciprocity. For the next month, I'm going to be building reciprocity & mutuality by trying this Unselfing idea.
- Take care: How to boost (or chill) your body and mind with your breath. I've tested a few of these methods and they work well.
- TWIL: The tallest house of cards built in one hour is 27 stories high! Watch Tian Rui break the record.
- Jet Lag is the soul catching up with the body: I tested Timeshifter - a Jet Lag hacking app on a recent trip to the US, and it helped enough that I bought the app for my next trip in October.
- This house does not exist: A modern architecture home with an exterior of exposed timber, glass, and rocks, with a steaming hot spring outside. Except it doesn't exist, every house on this site is AI generated - although none would look out of place!
- Do you know your Da Vinci from your Klimt? Artvee is an extraordinary website and a great way to explore and learn Classical Art. Including my personal favourite masterpiece.
- A load of old Pollocks: Engage your inner Jackson with this clever site.
- Finally: Mingle. So simple, so much fun.
🎧 Aural Stuff
What's on the Stuff speakers this week?
My musical treat for you this week is of course the brand-new Stuff Mixtape, another hour of great tunes that have been in my orbit recently.
Included this month, some classic soul from Shuggie Otis and Barbara Acklin, vintage calypso from Young Tiger and the up to the minute banger from M.I.A.
After a classic rock interlude from E.L.O, I've been listening to some ice-cool electronica from Röyksopp, a club friendly remix from Oliver Sims with Jamie XX on duty.
We finish with something new from the always curious Bjork.