Someone asked me yesterday why I wanted to 'make more work for myself' by maintaining a website and committing to a daily posting target.
Who even cares?
It's a good question, so I opened up my editor and started making a list of why:
- I want to own my piece of the internet. I have no problem with social media, but I'm aware it could disappear tomorrow. This is my bit.
- I want to improve my writing skills, and I'm testing myself with each post. This is a personal project for 2024.
- I'm using it to hold myself accountable for personal goals around consistency.
- I'm writing to test my thinking and develop ideas.
- Finally, because I want to.
I suspect that often, no-one will be looking. I am OK with that; I'm doing it for me.